You know that we are working on a new Website. Here is a little teaser – one of the photographs that Lance at Concept Photography snapped.
September is now in full swing and there is a lot going on.
- We are running two KAL’s. The Beithe Shawlette and the VITELOTTES fingerless mittens. Link up to the Ravelry Forums to see what they are all about! Lots of time yet to join up. Finish date is the end of the year – we will organize a big photo in January!
- New website is under construction – lots of consulting going on – Emily is busy!!!
- New yarns are arriving daily!
- Classes are about to start – have you taken a look at the fall lineup yet? Check out the links at the top of the page for more information.
- Christmas is coming – have you started your Christmas knitting yet?
One of the best things about working in a yarn store is the yarn. One of the worst about working in a yarn store is the yarn. Emily has done it again! More new yarn that I want to take home – in Purple – how unfair is that! Emily knows that I have a hard time resisting Purple! LOL!!
Mimi – 100% mink – is a real showstopper, once you get your hands on this yarn you will want to knit with it. It is so soft I can hardly wait to cast-on. Hmmmm, which shade of purple will I try first!
From Lang Yarns there is the new sock and lace yarn Mille Colori Luxe – 7 gorgeous colours (including Purple) gleaming with a gorgeous thread of glitter – just wait until you see this beauty! 100grs and 400m / ball.
We have also just received part of our first shipment of the Fino by Manos Del Uruguay. This yarn has been backordered for months – only 4 colours have arrived so far – but they are gorgeous! I will let you know as more colours arrive.
One of the best things about working at Mad About Ewe is that we get to see what everyone is working on. Customers come in and show us their projects. We love this.
Joyce was in and shared her finished Clarus Shawlette, designed by Laura Nelkin. It is beautiful and was knit with La Jolla hand-dyed merino – and embellished with beads – lots of beads.
We hope that you are having a great September so far. The weather has been great up until now – clear, not too hot, but still lots of sun. But it looks like the rain is starting – have you got a good stash of yarn on hand? If not – I am sure that we have what you need.
See ewe soon! Happy Knitting